What information do we collect?
At PAMPELONE Clothing, we ONLY collect data to enhance your shopping experience with us. The information we collect is the following:
- When you register for an account with us, place an order, interact with our digital content on your computer or mobile device or send us an enquiry, we will collect certain information from you. Information stored may include your name, email address, phone and mobile phone numbers, home address, shipping and payment card billing address, IP address and shopping history. We can also observe the times when you access the site and for how long.
- Some information is received and stored automatically whenever you interact with us. Cookies are one example of this type of information. Cookies are a text file that websites send to visiting computers/devices to identify the visiting computer/device. When you enter our site our web server sends a cookie to your device which allows us to recognise your device. We also use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor traffic on our website and how users use our site, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites.
- We do not collect or process your credit or debit card details. These are collected and processed by our payment processing services called SagePay and Shopify. The collection and processing by the payment providers of your credit or debit card details and other personal data are governed by their respective terms and conditions. We do Not hold, store or have access to any of your card or payment information.
What do we use your information for?
- To personalise your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs. Most notably when we register you as a user on our website.
- To create an account for you as a shopper. To maintain and update your account, provide refunds and to contact you should there be a delay / issue with your order.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- IF and only IF you have opted into our email marketing, you will receive information on new products, or new information surrounding the business.
How do we protect your information?
We utilise the following security measures to ensure the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter your personal information.
- After a transaction, your private information will not be stored, it will just be used to process the order.
- We comply with all government regulations regarding access and holding of this data.
- We have appointed a Data officer to manage all privacy / data related queries and issues. This member of staff has provided training to all staff internally and will continue to update our policies as and when they are implemented.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
The third parties we share your information confidentially with are:
- Toll Global, our warehousing facility to package and label your orders
- DHL / Royal Mail to ensure your orders are sent correctly
- Google Analytics
- MailChimp – ONLY when opted in
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. This includes, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, civil commotion, fire, explosion, storm, flood, epidemic, or other national disaster, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes, or restraints or delays affecting carriers, impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks .
Law & Jurisdiction
Contracts for the purchase of goods through our Site will be governed by the law of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from, or related to such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
You have the following rights:
- to be informed about how we use and process your data;
- to see to the personal data we hold about you;
- to stop receiving marketing messages from us; and
- to have your data legally deleted from our records (and our partners and affiliates), except where we are legally unable to do so.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you or wish to change your preferences at any time, please contact our data officer at email@example.com . We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information. Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to ten working days to take effect.